Pages

Monday 2 March 2009

Live Music, Concerts,Gigs.....

Went to see the Ting Tings yesterday at The Academy in Leeds, got tickets last Nov for my husband for his birthday, and my daughters were asking how many 'live' bands/groups/singers had seen and I had told them about 15. When I started thinking back properly realised it was more so decided to list them (I keep ALL the ticket stubs!!) and our next 'gig' - Simply Red will be my 40th!!
So I have listed them over on my blog under 'LIVE', take a look.
Not sure what it tells you about my musical tastes but some of the ones I wasn't expecting to enjoy so much were THE best.
Madonna 1987 first my first ever.....was a fantastic experience.....think I cried!
A-ha we were about 5 feet away from stage, brilliant.
David Bowie we were outdoors,stood on top on the Milton Keynes bowl starry night breeze blowing, magical!
Bee Gees & Neil Diamond amazing shows.
Keane at small venue at Leeds University just as were getting more known, may have cried again as Tom sang!
Robbie Williams Leeds 2006 (outdoors), were given Gold Circle tickets which we had to collect on the night, were running all over trying to find the box office, finally got into gold circle just as Robbie came on to the stage, feet away again, fantastic!

I think there is only one concert which was a wee bit disappointing which I went to with a group of girls from work, but was particularly bad we laughed! Can you guess which one?

No comments: